Mediation is appropriate
only when each party can:
- speak for himself or
- reach & carry out
You should consider hearings in court
(rather than Mediation) when there has been:
- a Personal Protection Order
- child abuse or neglect.
- domestic violence.
- the use of fear, force, violence or
intimidation by one party against the other.
If any of these "red flags" apply to your
situation, please call:
- YWCA Domestic Crisis & Counseling
Center (616.459.4681 or 616.451.2744)
- Kent County PPO Clerk (616.632.5067),
or your local circuit court clerk
- National Domestic Violence Hotline